Think of this as Volume 17, Number 27 of the newsletter I have written weekly since March, 1997. Enjoy.
Let's see what's at the cinema:
- After Earth – A father-and-son find they can only rely on one another after everyone else has been forced to abandon it.
- Man of Steel – Superman turns out to be a farm boy who must choose to fight for Europe against his own people.
- This Is The End – Rich Hollywood stars, and Hollywood, get the apocalypse they deserve. (right)
- World War Z – Only one man can save us from the zombie apocalypse.
- White House Down – A black President and his White House must be saved by a white tourist.
- The Lone Ranger – This time, Tonto tells the tale. And the white guy is still the good guy.
- Red2 – The CIA saves the world from nuclear disaster.
Notice what all these films have in common? They're generally about rugged individuals saving a complex civilization through the use of their rude simplicity. When liberals appear, they're the butt of the joke.
They are all, fundamentally, conservative.