Hours after Joe Wilson heckled the President (I'm sure he would have wanted to jail anyone who did that to George W. Bush) I got an e-mail from a group called ALIPAC defending him.
ALIPAC stands for Americans for Legal Immigration PAC. Their e-mail said categorically Wilson was not wrong, that everyone in the Congress should have joined him. Here's why.
The evidence this is a lie is found in countless major news reports indicating that President Obama and Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) intend to try and pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty legislation soon, that would legalize millions of illegal immigrants and qualify them for all taxpayer benefits and jobs in America.
Got that? There's a secret plot to make all the illegals legal, so Obama does want to give health care to illegals. Never mind that comprehensive immigration reform is a separate issue, and they're misrepresenting the President's position on it. But if what they say were true, wouldn't those people then be legal?
This is just one example of the kind of crazy I'm seeing whenever I write about health care policy over at ZDNet. Let me go through my comment threads for more.
- ObamaCare is fascist. This from the head of a "group" called Doctors on strike for freedom in medicine.
- Medicare and Medicaid are unconstitutional under the 10th Amendment.
- You're trying to socialize Medicare. Anyone who supports reforming the market is a socialist.
- Anyone who tells you different from what I'm telling you lies. The media is a conspiracy.
- Let's remember the USSR. It failed. So health reform is Communist.
- Obama represents "Chicago thugs and crooks."
That's just two discussion threads. Just in the last few days.
The inmates are out of the asylum.